View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
RLS is very related to PN, if not a symptom of PN. Given you can tell it flares up with sugar consumption, I would say it is time to be worked up for metabolic issues related to glucose metabolism....diabetes or reactive hypoglycemia.

As to the flare up of RLS, I notice when I stress my legs, or even get emotional stress, I can count on my RLS flaring. I went for a short bike ride the other day, and for 3 days, my RLS increased.

RLS is the pits.
Oy! My RLS symptoms went completely away when I stopped taking Zyrtec, per the doctor's suggestion from the website I referenced further up. Now I'm on Xyzal (the "clean" version of Zyrtec) and it's much better. However, I have noticed that lately when I stress my legs in any way I will have an episode. The other day I was on my feet a good bit and sitting in a car and a wheel chair. I had a blood clot about 6 weeks ago so activity has been restricted until they tell me the clot is fully dissolved. Sitting in some chairs makes the issues worse it seems. I had a doctors appt for blood work that day and was in a wheel chair at two stores afterwards. It wore me out a bit. I piled up on the couch when I got home to put the bad leg up and the RLS was pretty bad. Worst it's been in a long time. Some other drugs, such as the main cough suppressant in most cough syrups gives me severe RLS symptoms.