View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for sharing TILT's, I hope more people look at the positive energy of their lives.

This week included a long drive from Phoenix to Palm Springs to try to help DH's parents who are having multiple medical issues. DH's brother/wife also joined us. DH had prepared a casserole for the evening dinner and we brought our Vitamix to make drinks for BIL who has a serious neurological disease that effects his jaw making it difficult to eat or speak.

Dinner and the Vitamix were a huge success, everyone appreciated DH's kitchen skills.

DH and I have a road game we have played ever since we started taking long road trips. It is an alphabet sign game. We look for an "a" on a sign and then progress to a "b" until we have seen a word for each letter and we win! The hardest letters are "q" and "z." Since "x" is not a letter that begins anything, we play with it being the second letter as in "exit."

Sharp eyed DH loves the game and it takes a bit of the boredom out of a long drive.

Another positive thing that happened this week is that DS was approved for a SECOND application at the Apple Store. The first was a way to track books read and this one is for movies. Most apps are free but his cost a nominal fee of $1. I feel like he is a tech rock star!

Then a GREAT thing happened with the new kitten addition. She discovered the cat door leading to the garage where the litter box is kept. It meant the small litter box kept in our bedroom was NOT USED. No stinky presents to clean up! The other two cats had been discouraged from using the bedroom box, that was a challenge but we did not have to gradually move the bedroom box out of the bedroom, into the hallway and so forth. Meko just figured it out, like magic!

Those were the good of the week. Bad things happen but Things I Love Thursday is for the rose colored lens of life.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-29-2012), barb02 (03-29-2012), Blessings2You (03-30-2012), Kitty (03-29-2012), SallyC (03-29-2012)