Thread: Five years
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I remember how I felt when I was first diagnosed, back in 1997. I asked neuro how long I had had MS and she tld me 5 years. When I looked back to those 5 years and all that I had done and I realized that I did it while having MS I knew that I could handle it! I had hiked the Grand Canyon while having MS! If I knew I had MS I never wold have tried it! I was diagnosed while in the hospital and while lying awake in the middle of the night I decided I wold take advantage of the neuro unit I was on. I asked to read some nooks from their library. Wow, that was a mistake! The books they had on MS were archaic! The DMD drugs had not been invented, treatment was sympton treated such as aspiration pneumonia which of course one with MS would get because of how bedridden you would be. You got bedsores from sitting in a wheel chair. So when I was discharged I got on the internet! I felt much better.

Treatment is getting better. I am glad you are retiring. I feel as good as a do at this time in my life because I am retired. Retirement allows me grandma time!!!!!

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-29-2012), SallyC (03-29-2012)