View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default qEEG Biofeedback

Also, GlassHead - I tried qEEG feedback about a year ago. As with HBOT, it was a bit difficult to tell how effective it was, but I have liked HBOT much better. With qEEG, I did feel pretty good at the end of the month or so that I did it (3x/week) but each session made me feel tired and foggy.

The overall improvement could be due to the qEEG biofeedback or due to time. As I said in my post on the other thread, I tend to improve slowly (over the course of many months) unless I experience a setback.

The worsening of symptoms after each session could be because the session was making my injury worse, or because my brain was tired but rebuilding (like muscle soreness after a workout). Since they use visual or audio stimulation to provide the feedback - I used a video-game-like interface, watched movies, and listened to beeps at various points in my therapy - my brain was really irritated even though it might have been learning new, better patterns.

Eventually I stopped going because I didn't like feeling crummy after each session.

Also, I believe qEEG was even more expensive than HBOT, but I don't remember exactly off the top of my head.

Hope this helps, good luck if you do try it.
keg2415 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (02-24-2013)