View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was in very severe pain caused by an ongoing and increasingly worse headache after the concussion I sustained in an auto accident.

M neurologist discovered I had something called increased intracranial pressure. She ordered me a spinal tap and I've been out of that severe pain and healing ever since that procedure was carried through.

It is a cyclical process and gets worse over time... the pressure inside a person's skull increases and then causes other things in the body to try to counteract it which then causes it to increase more.

I suggest you ask his neurologist or GP about whether they can measure his icp (Intracranial Pressure) with a spinal tap to see if that might be worth looking into.

I think it is a rare complication of a concussion but does happen... I only know about it because it happened to me. I think it is more common in people who have had multiple concussions - what I don't know is whether that means in a short period of time or whether it means multiple concussions over one's lifetime, but I think it's relevant since you mentioned he had two.

I'm so sorry your son has to deal with so much pain.

It could really be caused by many things.

I sincerely wish you all the best in trying to figure out what is causing him so much pain as soon as possible.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Artistry (04-02-2012)