Thread: sympathectomy?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus777 View Post
Hi everybody,
I am new to the boards. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about sympathectomy surgey. I had been suffering from thoracic outlet syndrome with brachial plexus injury for 15 years. I have been diagnosed with RSD for the past two years. I had tried a SCS, nerve blocks, pt, ot and now my pm dr says I should consider sympathectomy surgery. Has anyone had this surgery or have information about it? Or any other ideas. I am about to lose my mind . I am a teacher, but i haven' t been working much lately. The pain makes me vomit. I take meds but they don't help much. I feel useless. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Lupus

Hi Lupus,

I know where you are coming from with pain so bad you could vomit. No matter how bad things get please stay away from Sympathectomy. They are like SCS for CRPS in that they don't work and can make you worse.

I too had a spinal cord stim that worked for a little less than two years and then just stopped working. Very long story short I now have severe CRPS at the SCS surgical sites as well as spread to my wrist. How long did your stimulator work? Did you have any spread to the surgical site?

Please consider tDCS-a great alternative to more invasive procedures! The tDCS ended the spread to my wrist and the wheelchair that the spinal cord stimulator put me in is now a thing of the past!
CRPSjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote