View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Artistry,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am so sorry to hear of your son's struggles. And, I know you are in a different pain as his mom.

EsthersDoll has a good point. Another issue to consider is his upper neck. The whiplash can leave him with undiagnosed upper neck injuries. A www.NUCCA.org trained chiropractor may be able to help. Most chiros do not have the training to treat the upper cervical injuries in the very precise ways they need.

A twist the head and pop the neck adjustments are often too aggressive and cause as much trauma as they try to resolve.

Some Physical Therapists have the specific but gentle skills to help, too. This kind of injury does not necessarily respond to 'range of motion' PT therapies.

On another note, have you ever consulted with an attorney? He should never have returned to play so soon after the first concussion. If he has access to resources for more in-depth diagnostics and therapy, his prognosis will improve.

I don't mean to scare you but I suggest to get aggressive in getting help for him. The adolescent brain has severe needs to functioning properly so as to properly mature through the adolescent years. It is obvious you have been improperly informed about his condition.

What state are you in? I may be able to direct you to some experts in your area.

Let us know how we can help. There are decades of experience with concussion on here.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Artistry (04-02-2012)