View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
300mg of the original alpha lipoic acid--- if the word ALPHA is on the label and not --R-- is not enough.

You need 600mg -1800mg of that a day to see effects. 1/2 of Alpha type is inactive. This is why some of us now use R-lipoic acid instead. (the stabilized for is the most soluble).

For elevated triglycerides, I'd suggest some Omega-3 fish oil, or Krill oil. This can lower them up to 50%, for some people..
thanks heaps MrsD
i can up the dose of the alpha lipoic. it is not cheap either. i will look for the R type. not sure it is available here.... so if it isnt.... is there a particular supplier i might try in the USA.?? postage kills but i have bought supplements in in the past and our customs dont fuss over it unless it looks like commercial quantities.

i am doing a fair bit of 3 and 6 omegas. krill is being heavily advertised here right now .nuts i do anyway and i add SLA to my cereal and could eat it A LOT if not reigned in LOL

interesting about the statins and diabetes.
i have an online friend who is pushing me to drop them but i think i have to loose some cholesterol first .
but it is in my mind
my blood sugars are ok it is just the insulin levels. started testing the sugars today so will see where that goes.

feet are killing today...one day past a stormy day in the general area but not near me really.
the weather is soooooooo variable and we have had little summer so it is so hard to see a pattern and thus hard to know if neurontin is worth it.
tho i suppose i have more relief at night with it and my feet are less often a 30/10 on the pain scale

i really appreciate the forum and you endless assistance to everyone.
it is a real blessing to have such a resource in the face of little that i have found around me here (well i might be missing something and right now that wouldnt suprise me as i move house and create a new kitchen and and and and .......walk the dog if i can

DD
ditzydame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote