View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello again

I am several years down the track since my clipping surgery - but the memories are so clear - and so is the knowledge that things get better with time.

My aneurysm was clipped in 2004, and my kids are now grown up, or almost grown up. I have a son at University and a daughter in High School. I am due for what is probably going to be my last check up with my Neurosurgeon sometime this year. My husband is an ex-policeman (in the job for 24 years). He has been my rock and my saviour.

I still have a huge dent in my hairline, and a scar that goes from the top of one ear right across to the top of the other. I had 55 staples and a few stitches, and I was on massive steroids that caused major mood swings, bleeding and serious acne to match my bizarre new hairdo - I looked (and felt) like a creature from the black lagoon. It is a constant reminder to me of all of the great things I have won, and could have lost.

I truly believe I am a better person for all of this - I am more patient, more forgiving, more caring, and recognise the 'really important' stuff in my life.

BUT I am the first one to admit that it was a looong process. At six months I felt heaps better..... at twelve months I felt better again....at two years life was pretty much back to normal.....but even 8 years later, I still have to plan and think carefully about sensory overload.

Having Mulltiple Sclerosis skews my whole picture big time (because I have that forever). But, we have to do the best we can, with best we are, using the best resources we have.

Just take things one day, one hour, one minute, one breath at a time. Be thankful for all that you have, and try and push yourself one tiny bit further every day.

You will be amazed at yourself and the power of your mind.

Please take care and keep me posted about your progress. You have been through a MASSIVE trauma, be kind to yourself, and if you need help there is no shame - it is a sign of strength that you recognise and addess it.

Hugs

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.

Last edited by Lynn; 03-30-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Typo
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sah-PCA (04-03-2012)