View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool

Hello Annie and yes my name is Darci (Icrad spelled backwards) I appreciate the support that I am getting via this site.

To answer your questions and fill in any "blanks" I might have left...
The test that the doctor did was the AChR binding antibody one...I do not believe that the other one was done at the same time. He is doing another binding one sent to a different lab this time, and he is asking if that test comes back normal for the lab to run the MuSK one...however my doctor said he does not think they will have to run the MuSK one because he is about 99.9% sure that the first test is accurate, he just wants to make sure. The lab that did the first test is in California...the second lab is Athena on the East Coast.

I have had CT of brain, to rule out stroke, tumor, etc. I have had nerve conduction tests, EMG, MRI of Head, MRI of pituitary and physical tests as well.

My doctor is planning on starting the Mestinon and seeing how I can handle that. The only other drug at this time that he mentioned was Prednisone...Prednisone can raise blood sugar and that is an issue, so we are going to cross every bridge together and make the best decisions for me and my life. I will mention to my doctor about the non-response I had on it before with my allergist and I am getting copies of my Pulmanary Function Tests and Spiromety tests done (and not passed) from my allergist.

I think you misunderstood my comments about being out of shape...what I was saying is that I knew there was something ELSE wrong besides not being in the best shape...I was not pointing the finger at myself, I know that MG is an autoimmune disease/disorder. I know it just is what it is...I was just saying that I knew something else was wrong with my body OTHER than just being a little out of shape. I was getting out of breath with the slightest activities, I was exhausted, I hurt all the time, my muscles were super weak and getting weaker....so I just knew I needed more answers.

I am married and have a huge support of family and friends (only a few select know at this point...I will talk to each when I know more about what is happening and how severe) I just don't want to pass on the wrong information, so I am waiting and learning as much as I can...I am also a teacher on Spring Break until Monday...so we will see how this is all going to work...I don't think I am bad enough for a hospital stay or visit....I can still do things...yesterday I put a few dishes away (my son helped me) and I put some clothes in the laundry (son helped again) and I took a nap and even went to a few stores and visited my mom...I have been living with this I think for some time, and I am used to doing stuff...I just am doing it slower and not nearly as much as other people some times....however since the diagnosis, I am more aware now of just how tired, sore, weak and out of breath I really am.

Thank you again...I am very glad I found this place!!!! However, my arms are tired and quivering again....so I am going to go rest them!!! Thank you for the support...ALL OF YOU!!!!
Icrad1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote