View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I can only begin to feel your pain as we're only (LOL) 6 months into this with my 14 y/o son.

As Mark said, be aggressive! Don't be afraid to doctor shop. Keep telling each doc the ENTIRE story. Some will pick up on things another would dismiss.

The only medication that helped my son was Amitriptyline. We saw a different doctor yesterday and are scheduled to see a different chiro next week. This doc is confident new chiro will relieve many of his symptoms. And we've been referred to a Physiatrist, who manages care/pain.

I never really know what's going on in his head, but i asked him to help me fill out a very long symptom checklist and rating them. Man was I surprised! Keep a journal and take notes and take it to every appointment.

You're in my prayers, I do know how hard it is to watch your child suffer and feel just about helpless.

current symptoms: still out of school, constant headache, migrating severe headaches, vision changes, startles easily, issues w/thermal regulation, delayed pain response, trouble sleeping, struggles for words/concepts/ideas, emotional about accepting what is, behavior issues esp when mentally fatigued.

currently on no meds (except sinus meds and vitamins) and goes to vestibular therapy.
worried_mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote