View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=suev;865159]Hi Angel

It is not terribly unusual for the blood test to come back negative...even in adults. And yes, there have been many instances where the first one - or even more - blood tests were negative before one came back positive.

I have never had a positive blood test - - yet I take Mestinon every day (going on 3 years) and it makes a tremendous difference in what I can do and how I feel.

Yes, heat can be an issue...and I am more challenged in the summer time (I live in hot humid south Texas). Normal stuff will probably be fine. Soccer practice after school in September...maybe not!

As a Mom - of course you want to take this 'away' from your child. And you worry for her and you wish it were different. If it's MG, your daughter will adjust with the help of medication, family, and education. Kids are far better at adjusting than adults!

Try hard not to dwell on the things that you fear. Children can sense a parent's concern / fear. Instead, keep open communication about the illness, the way she feels, the dx, the medication, etc. Take it one step at a time. Kids can deal with a lot when they know what's going on and have the support of family.

It's okay not to have all the answers right now and your doc sounds like he's on top of things. Just know that there are folks here to support you in whatever way we can.[/QUOTE

Thank you so much suev. Did your dr diagnose you with mg even with all the negative blood work. I love the drs she goes to. They seem to really be on the ball. It's really hard to find info on mg but this site really has lots of info. I thank each and everyone of you helping us through this.
Angel19291 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote