View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So sorry to hear someone so young suffering. I have been in pain for more than two years 24/7 also. I understand your description completely. Heartbreaking.

Has he had Physical Therapy for his neck or at least been evaluated? This is the only thing that helped. Very gentle stretching and massage. When I first went to PT, I remember I was still in so much pain that only a few people had touched my head. Just having anything to help with the pain helped me turn a corner. I couldn't really tolerate any meds execept tylenol or ibuprofen.

My headache never goes away. But, it did get better long term. The main difference is that it won't stay in the 8's or 9s for as long now. First year if I did an activity it would be a 9 for days. I couldn't move my head at all. The only thing that helped me was complete rest; dark room limited computer, etc. For months and months. Now, it can be a 9 for about an hour. But it never goes under a 4 or so.

I can imagine that with two concussions it would take a long time, but I am hopeful that the headaches will at least improve. It just takes time, and It can feel like forever.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Soccergal (03-30-2012)