View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Some concerns...

While I am definitely in the infection as trigger for PD camp, I do have some reservations about the theory as it applies to PWP. First, while I think the Marshall Protocol is an interesting manifestation of the theory I am always wary of something touted as a panacea and if you look at the list of illnesses that they attribute to l-form bacteria it is a little over the top. I really think they need to publish more measurable clinical results of the Protocol's efficacy with various diseases.

For those who have PWP, we need to try and establish that this is the right course of treatment for our individual "type" of PD. In other words, rule out genetics especially if you are young onset. I think there is some sort of Vitamin D connection that one must test for to establish candidacy for the Protocol. I am saying make sure the odds are in your favor this can help. I am afraid that the treatment is risky for treating PD based on a case study of a similar treatment for eradicating h. pylori bacterial infections for PWP. A clinical trial shut down because people who had a resistant strain of pylori experienced significant worsening of their PD. While it is not the same thing exactly it is the same principle of the Marshall Protocol and treatment is similar.

http://www.whatsdrivingparkinsons.net/pdf/3.pdf

Oh, and PWP on the MP? I don't think many PWP know of it. Last time I checked out their user forum... they had broached that topic and I think there were only 2 PWP in the Protocol.

Hate to sound like a downer but that worsening thing is scary. While it is part of the Marshall Protocol treatment to worsen, it is only supposed to be temporary as you fight off the bacteria. The h. pylori study alarmed me because it was easy to infer there was a permanent decline in their PD.

Lot's to consider...

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thelma (01-06-2013)