View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

becareful with all the splints and casts, i was casted for the major part of 4 years which has caused unreversaible atrophy in my right leg. yah heat is my best friend, maybe get a heating blanket if you already dont have one. warm baths are also wonderful, it's another story getting in and out.
i'm sorry about the doctor being arrogant, but just be thankful that you got a diagnosis so early. it took my 8 doctors and 4 years, that is the same for many of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki486 View Post
Thank you both. Right now I am trying hard to find a pain management doctor for him. Like I said we seen 1 yesterday but they won't take our insurance. I am located in Blissfield, MI. He has been trying to walk on his own the past couple of days but after he does so he complains of pain in his heel and ankle. He has an air cast and also just got a Dyna Splint yesterday. There were nights where he was up crying 'cause the pain was so bad. Heat works wonders and again thanks for the no ice warning. I am sure that would hurt him worse.
Be VERY careful before deciding on the surgery. surgery with RSD can be very risky and make the RSD spread. or just send it into a flare in general.

He has been going to physical therapy also. We just got approved for more visits as of yesterday. The odd thing about all of this is his podiatrist dr. knew this could be a problem from the beginning and blamed Zach instead of saying what the pain management doc. said.... this could happen due to surgery. So the visit wasn't a total waste of our time. Yet still upsetting.

With the pain management being denied Zach could be facing another surgery only because his body is not excepting the cadaver bone. The doc was talking about going in and putting a plate in. With Zach having RSD now it makes me wonder even more. I mean could it get worse?
tmullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote