View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First, HI! I'm surprised to see you!

Second, there's no such thing as a "normal" recovery.

Remember - every single head injury is different. When I started to get better my family and I expected my to progressively get better like is I were recovering from a sprained ankle or getting over a cold. But people don't heal from brain injuries that way... there is a lot of two steps forward, one step back. Or a set of good days and a set of bad days with little to explain how to get one over the other.

Just remember that you are experiencing good days and that in and of itself is a good sign.

I know how frustrating it can be to not feel well cognitively speaking on any day, or at any point in a day. It feels rotten. But you know what? My bad days now are better then my good days were a few months ago - and I still don't like the bad days - even though they are an improvement from a few months ago. Why? Probably because I know what it feels like to feel better and that's what I want. All the time. And I want it NOW!

OK, I'll try to stop channeling Varuca Salt.

Just hang in there.

And I think stopping your NUCCA treatments sounds like a good idea for the time being.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (08-01-2012), Soccergal (03-30-2012), SpaceCadet (03-30-2012)