View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh yes, I agree damage can be done. It's like any health practitioner, they can have a huge affect and there are good ones and bad ones out there. My Nucca guy came highly recommended and has been doing this since 1997. It appears to me that it's not just a science, but an art and skill of physics and geometry to go with it.

I have had my share of "quacks" over the years but I've also been fortunate to find two professionals who I have great trust in. One is my GP, I believe in the US, you call them PC (basically my medical doc). Been with my dr for years and I trust her with my life. She told me just this week that is is moving so I am looking for a new doc whom I can trust. Sigh.

The other person I trust is in fact my chiropractor whom I've been going to for years for various sports injuries, headaches and pains. It's funny to go to a chiro who Never cracks me!!! He works with my muscles while I move certain ways. I've had huge success with AR therapy over the past 7 years or so. He cares and every patient gets the treatment that fits them. It is this person who recommended the NUCCA chiro to me. Both of thses dr's know that I do not want any cracking. The NuCCA guy just puts gentle ptressure behind my right ear at a certain angle. There is no sound at all and I can't really feel any movement. I have a neck injury that has caused some compression on my spinal cord at c5-c6 and i have no interest in risking that further through cracking.

But, my case sounds quite less serious than your son's. I had no skull fractures or flaps created. We all have to be careful, but in your case even more so.

I wish your son all the best in his recovery and rehabilitation. Good luck.

X-soccergal
Female, 44 years old. Several concussions over the years - the first was most severe (kicked by horse), recovered well. Last 2 concussions Oct, 2009 and were two weeks apart. I attempted to return to working 12 hrs/wk (working from home), but was unsuccessful. Currently applying for medical disability.

Primary Symptoms: dizziness, light & sound sensitivity, confusion, difficulty focusing attention, headaches, depression, exteme fatigue, some insomnia and occassional speach problems - stammer, halted speach as I try to find the word or thought and using incorrect words. Trouble focusing on conversation if there is other noise around - especially other conversations.

Soccergal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MommaBear (03-31-2012)