Old 03-31-2012, 03:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Susanne C.;865177
You sound committed to the meds. I would do more research. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

hi susanne......
ohhhhhh no
not at all committed to trig drugs.
i had to stop the first one because i developed heart arrythmias on top of one i already had and was down to a pulse of about 30.
thought i was dying and was put in the local rescus ward which scared me closer to death anyway
it took me some time to convince the cardiologist that there was relationship.... but a 24 hour monitor was enough in the end.
meanwhile i had stopped, got better and restarted to simply prove to he and anyone else who cared to listen........that the stuff was not for me.

the next drug i tried made me feel like i was poisoned so i stopped very quickly.
that is the end of available triglyceride drugs here.
so i am not medicated for that....and now never will be.
the statins.....i will continue for a bit but i am pretty committed to getting off them when i get my chol to something approaching half what it is without them. again really ugly numbers.
that is requiring weight loss which is not happening so i am putting some hope in metformin and a supervised diet tho the dietitian is not thinking how i am thinking but that is another story. i meet the criteria for what is called here *metabolic disorder* and so would my sibs. one is frank diabetic 2 and if i dont get sorted fast ...i will be too.

we wont discuss the Thai lunch i had today with son and friend helping us pack to move . it was sooooo good and loaded with oil of course.
i think the next class i am doing at the local hospital dietitian dept is about eating out and take out food
i have however lost weight and expect better numbers in a couple of weeks with new testing for the endo.

thanks for your input
ditzydame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote