View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

yes there are some fantastic! chidren's program. Children's hospital of philadephia and Children's hospital of Boston are both very well known, and have given many children there life back. me being one of them. i went to the program in boston for two months, in a wheelchair, left walking. They did not cure me by any means, but the coping techniques they teach there are fantastic and also the physical therapy is amazing.
please look into these programs as said before, the window of remission is only open in the beganning. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I am terribly sorry to hear what you and your son have been through. Bad enough going through this myself...I cannot imagine what it must be like to watch your child go through it.

The good news is that children have some of the best chances and history of successful remission with RSD. So if you can get him to the right doctors who know how to treat it then he may very well go into remission and not have to deal with this for the rest of his life. I have heard about (and hopefully someone else can jump in with more specifics) that there are some programs at some Children's Hospitals that do wonders with kids who have RSD. Early treatment is the best chance for success with this so maybe you should start looking into some of those programs ASAP. I would recommend doing a search on here for the information and also visiting rsdsa.org.

There will be a lot of intense physical therapy involved and it will be difficult...but so worth it. Definitely avoid ice and immobilization as much as you can as those will only progress the condition further. I find that warm baths with epsom salts are great and I also like those stick on heating patches you can get in the pharmacy (OTC...near the first aid stuff)) for putting on my ankle and other RSD areas.

Sounds like your son is a real trooper so far. Try to stay positive and I hope that you are given some hope by the fact that he does have a better chance than most at remission due to his age and that it is still fairly early on since this started.

Best of luck to both of you and keep us posted.
tmullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote