View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Politics Political Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I really don't know doc, I am just throwing that idea out there.
That's fine. I'm just responding with my own personal opinion. Every situation has at least 2 sides (and sometimes more). I try to see things from all sides (though I don't always succeed) and from a broader perspective. Sometimes I even play devil's advocate for the sake of examining an issue from different perspectives.

In this case, I truly believe that more people - mostly honest patients - would be hurt, and have more to lose, by a public witch-hunt of a pharmacy, just as they do in a witch-hunt of a pain clinic. The "bad guys" are a small minority compared to the large majority of honest patients in need who will suffer as a result of a pharmacy being shut down for even a day.

I wouldn't want cops storming my pharmacy (terrifying the bejeebers out of sick people) and digging into peoples' personal private medical records because they're "looking for evidence of a crime".

The system in place (as I understand it) is to notify the state or corporate as MrsD has stated. IMO, give that system a chance to work as it's intended. Granted, "the system" doesn't always work, so if it doesn't, try to find out why, and proceed from there.

That's my nickel. (2¢ adjusted for inflation)

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-05-2012), ginnie (03-31-2012)