Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Doc,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Lately, as Forrest Gump might say, "for no particular reason," I've got significant edema in my feet again. This seems to come and go for weeks at a time, and I haven't been able to put my finger on the reason why (though I can sure put my finger on the edema, and the impression stays right there... ) I do have noticable pain/sensitivity along with it.

Foot massages (or more aptly, pressing the fluids out) helps a good bit with this pain/sensitivity, (not to mention making my slippers fit more loosely) albeit temporarily. I'm hoping that keeping it up will prevent/retard any permanent damage, and can't wait until it goes away again...

Doc
Unfortunatly, about three years ago, after bladder surgery, I developed edema. I have been on 40mg Furosemide and 25mg Spironalactone for a couple of years just to keep the swelling down.

After the surgery, the doctor put me on the antibiotic Levaquin 500 mg's for 14 days. My PN worsened, as well as the Edema started within a week or two after surgery. Also, Statis Dermatatis of the feet,ankles, legs to the knees started shortly afterwards as well. All after the surgery/Levaquin. To say the least; this has really added to the burning pain in the feet/ankles and leg pain.

At first, I had to keep changing shoes and slippers sizes. Since being on the meds for edema, I have maintained the same size although, I still get some swelling in my left leg at times.

Ger
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote