View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

PlasticMonkey,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your fight with the rake. Ouch!

And, Thank you and Thank you for using plenty of paragraph spacing. It makes it so much easier to read a newby's post, especially a long one.

It sounds like you are suffering from PCS. The anxiety is a common symptom of PCS. Your anxiety attack is not uncommon. It can be purely physiological with no emotional/psychological component at all.

Your fast food may have been high in MSG (Mono Sodium Glutamate). It is an excito-toxin that speeds up the brain's processing speed. Unfortunately, the PCS brain can not tolerate the speed up and becomes unstable. A jolt of caffeine or caffeine and sugar or caffeine and sugar substitute (aspartame) can also contribute to a brain over-speed event.

The other cause of anxiety attacks is visual or auditory over-stimulation and other stressors. Video games, certain music genres, flashing lights or computer screens, and many other things can cause anxiety.

Anxiety is one of the most disruptive symptoms of PCS. Learning to avoid the stimulating triggers can be a big help. It can take a concerted effort at evaluating your environment to learn your triggers.

There are some nutritional guidelines to help you along the way. B-12 (500 to 1000 mcgs), a B-50 or B-100 complex, D3, Omega 3's, all of the anti-oxidants, meat protein (pork is best), and some other things but my brain is struggling today.

Rest and quiet are the best ways to help with recovery.

Let us know how else we can help.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-02-2012), PlasticMonkey (04-01-2012), SpaceCadet (04-01-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (03-31-2012)