View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

All very good information! If I were to have the problem with B6, how would I go about finding out? Is there a test I can ask for or is there a certain kind of doctor who is more inclined to check this stuff out seriously? Most doctors I've talked to don't know anything about vitamins.

I've also noticed in the past couple of months (since I've stopped my vitamins completely) that my mouth is sore. Under the tongue, including THE spot where my wisdom tooth hole was. The wisdom area is white colored. The tongue feels burned or as if I have cankers but mostly at night. I have felt slight soreness on the roof of my mouth too. My gums have always gotten sore too - now and in the past. I always think I have gingivitis but the dentists never seem to see much of a problem except some recession.

My ideas about this are: reaction to elavil, causing dry mouth - although it's always better in the morning. One time I bit the pill in half and my whole tongue went numb immediately. I also have autoimmune and get very dry everywhere. So questioning addition of sjogren's.

Vitamin deficiency.

Mineral deficiency.

Basic nutritional problem.

I am going to make a dentist appt. next week, even though a couple of months ago I had my regular 6-month cleaning and had the mouth cancer check with the swish and glow light.

I started vitamins last week and every time I take vitamins (multi B) my feet get cold.

Yesterday and today I did something different. I only took methyl B12, Ester C and D3 yesterday, and then today I added zinc. My feet are not cold tonight and my mouth feels better. Can there be any link to the vitamin change that fast? (BTW in my whole history I have never taken a zinc vitamin - only multis).

One more thing, I do not believe I have a gut issue. I used to, and was told I had leaky gut by someone who did a finger prick, and I started morning shakes with fiber and took L-glutamine and I swear it fixed it. My stomach seems very good to me. Can I have an absorption problem without an obvious gut issue?
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote