View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey there buddy...Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I just got a visual of you stepping on a rake and getting smacked in the face....OUCH...I thought that only happened in cartoons.

I just wanted to second the advice Mark gave you about playing video games. I played video games non-stop at the beginning of my recovery. I didn't think it was doing me any harm because, well, it wasn't causing any symptoms. Then, in November...I spent all day playing Modern Warfare 3 and I was a complete space cadet for a week. Ever since then, I have not been able to play games OR watch TV. It really does a number on my cognitive symptoms, so, its just not worth it to me.

I suggest taking a break from playing...Give your brain a chance to heal. If you don't want to hang the controller/keyboard up completely...at least play in increments.
I suggest 5-10 minute sessions and then an hour of total rest (no stimulation at all).

Good luck and I'm sorry about your injury.

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.

Last edited by SpaceCadet; 04-01-2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Oops...:(
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-02-2012), Mark in Idaho (04-01-2012), PlasticMonkey (04-01-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (04-01-2012)