View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

jkl, welcome!

Vernon Williams was also the Dr. who first diagnosed me. I was able to do the PT he prescribed to strengthen muscles and correct posture but in the end it made no difference. My posture is much improved but my symptoms are worse now. I think seeing Dr. Jordan is superior to Williams in regards to treating TOS. Dr. Williams didn't do much for me in terms of pain management.

Check and see if "Joyce N. Wilkinson, PT, OCS" is covered by your insurance - http://www.pogsonphysicaltherapy.com/contactinfo.html. I was referred to her by Dr. Gelabert and but unfortunately she doesn't accept my insurance. Other members of this forum swear by her.

Dr. Ahn told me he will perform scalenectomy without rib resection in some cases. You will have to endure his angiogram/angioplasty procedure to determine his surgical recommendation. I did not want my ribs removed, but Dr. Angle has convinced me otherwise based on his clinical findings (in a later conversation, Ahn admitted that would have likely been his recommendation as well). If not for Dr. Angle, I would be still be considering Dr. Ahn and Justin Brown at UCSD. I think you are on the right track with Dr. Ahn and UCSD.

If you are willing to go to UCSD, it won't hurt to consult with Dr. Angle. Get as many opinions as you can. www.niren-angle.com

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote