View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

That is just one doctor's opinion. If you lined up 100 doctors and asked a medical question, you'd be amazed at the answers!

I'd say...the orange pigmentation in the skin is biggie ..it was for me. Also the cholesterol. The problem is that the thyroid affects everything...and in some people one or two things more than others. There is also an edema that comes with hypo, and a significant brain fog. The tongue can swell in the mouth as well.

Feeling tired and weight gain, are less convincing to doctors because they hear these complaints all day long from just about everyone.

We do know that lab ranges are just statistical averages. My lab ranges were iffy... so I got a scan finally and that showed major problems. If it hadn't I'd still be hypo I bet! As it was the endo made me wait another 6months, to get treated, in case the scan was revealing a temporary abnormal condition. I was not happy about THAT either. But I finally got my treatment.
And my internist comments: "I always thought you were hypo, but could not justify treatment based solely on your blood work". How's that for infuriating?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroLogic (04-02-2012)