Thread: Accommodations
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

One area where I realize I've made a LOT of accommodations is clothing. I was just getting something off my dresser and noticed a small jewelry box. It dawned on me that I haven't worn jewelry for...? Months? Unless it's a necklace that just slips over my head, jewelry is a pain to fiddle with, and just One More Thing.

I haven't worn pantyhose for...? Years. I don't wear things that need ironing, I don't buy things that say "hand wash" or "dry flat", and I don't even know where the nearest dry-cleaner is.

I wear dark colors. I LIKE dark colors to begin with, and you can get two or three days out of a dark sweatshirt. If clothing doesn't have buttons, they aren't going to fall off, and you won't have to sew them on.

Nothing that fastens in the back, including undergarments. Cardigans, vests and jackets with big pockets. Loose fitting things that don't aggravate my skin or startle my muscles. And that can be removed quickly as I'm stumbling through the bathroom door.

I can't deal with "outfits". I'd buy three navy blue sweatshirts and three pair of pants, and who CARES if people think I never change clothes? As if anybody really notices.

I haven't worn shoes or boots that have laces or buckles for years. It's One More Thing.

And nothing that has to be straightened, adjusted, aligned, or fussed with.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-01-2012), Dejibo (04-02-2012), Judy2 (04-02-2012), Kitty (04-01-2012), SallyC (04-01-2012)