View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post Concussive

Same thing happened to me, I hit my head at work, had three months off. While at home I wasn't symptom free, but I could handle being home where it was quiet and dark. When I went back to work, I didn't last a week. Extremely sensitive to light, sound, movement ect...Went back to work again three months later and lasted 8 months. I just can't do it. I have not had one day symptom free, being at home is tolerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneLdn View Post
I returned to work this Monday on what is known as a 'phased return', i.e. doing half days (hit head a month ago, strugged with work then had a couple of weeks off).

It's not going well. I had felt a bit more like myself the day before and on the first day back was a bit shaky but not bad. On the Tuesday though...OMG. A couple of hours looking at a screen (I work in IT support) and one stressful call and I was way back to being as bad as I was 3 weeks ago if not worse. I staggered home, felt like crap, and then spent the whole of yesterday resting and feeling scared.

Now I have to figure out what to do with work. Back today and hoping to see occupational health.

How have other people coped with going back to work? It's all so unpredictable...Doctors have been useless when it comes to advice and I can't give work any idea on when I'll be well again...

Rant/moan over!
Jane

Last edited by mrsD; 04-01-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: fixing quote tag for clarity
Hybernating is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote