View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post PCS - best way to fill your days?!

Hi all,

I am new to the site, it seems like a great resource. I got a concussion at the end of Sept 2011 when I managed to slip and fall backwards and whacked the back of my head off the pavement. I didn't really know I had it so carried on living my normal busy university life but after a week or so it was apparent something was not right.

This concussion seemed to get better after a while and I did my December exams (but my grades were a bit far off their usual) then had a fun and busy winter break! The concussion symptoms then came back at the start of Jan and effectively ruined everything... I had to leave uni and move home, I was on exchange in Canada and had to come home to Scotland. It was just rubbish...and still is.

Symptoms being...headaches, difficulty with just focussing on anything, remembering little things, bit over emotional, anxiety on and off which I despise! Also sometimes if the headache is really bad it makes me feel nauseous. There has been others but I can't remember them (shock! haha) right now.

Basically it is clear from the docs over here that I am quite on my own with this one! I had a wicked neurologist in Canada but just nothing here. In Canada I did an evoked potentials test and the results were a 30millisecond delay in my brain signals...not ideal.

So yes now I am home and I was just wondering what should I be doing?! I mean I know I watch too much TV but how do people fill their days?! Can't seem to get over this booooredom without TV, but I know I should cut down. And is there specific nutritional things I should be eating/avoiding?! Apart from the obvious caffeine and alcohol. Oh also I am on amitryptiline just now, 30mg every night. Also I have been searching these questions on-line and on the forum but not had too much luck, with the what to do one at least.

Thank you, I would appreciate any help, as would my (hysterical) mother I am sure haha.

Rosie
rosie08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote