Thread: Post Concussive
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark,

I can't even imagine how you get through the day having all those concussions, I've only had this one and I can't function. August 2010, 18 months ago I was standing in a chair, fell completely backward, onto a hard tile floor. I don't know if I were ever unconscious, someone that was near by said I may have lost consciousness for a short time? Went EMS to the hospital, evidently I was telling the doctor I fell out of a tree? The lights were so bright in the emergency room and I was wondering why they weren't bothering anyone else everything was so loud. In hospital Wed & Thursday. Left on Friday because I was a Maid of Honor in my brother's wedding. Attended the wedding, made a speech and to this day, I have no memory of the wedding. The noise in my head started, can't sleep, fells like I'm going crazy. I was begging someone to help me. I have had Brain MRI. Evidently it showed a white spot, whatever that means? WC doctor put me on Elavil 150mg, and all I did was sleep 15 hours a day. I told her I felt so drugged on this medication, she said it shouldn't make me feel that way. She took me off the medication and sent me back to work. I thought she was crazy sending me back to work. I had and still have serious symptoms, but being that I am an athlete and have the Wonder Woman/Super Girl mentality
I went back to work. I don't know how I did it? I was a recreation leader, taught kids sports, worked on City events ect...everyday I would go to work and try to hide in the bathroom where it was dark and quiet. I would get off work at 5:00 and by 5:15 I was home with a pillow over my head...everyday! I lasted 8 months and just couldn't do it any longer. I took FMLA and was fired before the 3 months was over. Now ...it's much easier to survive at home where it is quiet and dark. I have been diagnosed by a shrink with a Closed head injury but the WC Neurologist will not diagnose me with a Closed head injury. I now see this is a game that they play with your life. It's been 18 months, everyday is painful. Does it ever go away for real? I am no the person I was before I hit my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Hybernating,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am sorry to hear of your struggles, especially with WC. I have been through the WC nightmare myself.

WC doctors have very low standards of function as their standard of ready to return to work. I can't understand how she can say Low vit D living in Florida.

Nutrition is a very big part of recovery.

Tell us some more about your injury, diagnostics, symptoms, work limiting issues and job requirements and we may be better able to help you.

There are lots of good experienced and friendly people here.

My best to you.
Hybernating is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote