View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccergal View Post
Oh yes, I agree damage can be done. It's like any health practitioner, they can have a huge affect and there are good ones and bad ones out there. My Nucca guy came highly recommended and has been doing this since 1997. It appears to me that it's not just a science, but an art and skill of physics and geometry to go with it.

I have had my share of "quacks" over the years but I've also been fortunate to find two professionals who I have great trust in. One is my GP, I believe in the US, you call them PC (basically my medical doc). Been with my dr for years and I trust her with my life. She told me just this week that is is moving so I am looking for a new doc whom I can trust. Sigh.

The other person I trust is in fact my chiropractor whom I've been going to for years for various sports injuries, headaches and pains. It's funny to go to a chiro who Never cracks me!!! He works with my muscles while I move certain ways. I've had huge success with AR therapy over the past 7 years or so. He cares and every patient gets the treatment that fits them. It is this person who recommended the NUCCA chiro to me. Both of thses dr's know that I do not want any cracking. The NuCCA guy just puts gentle ptressure behind my right ear at a certain angle. There is no sound at all and I can't really feel any movement. I have a neck injury that has caused some compression on my spinal cord at c5-c6 and i have no interest in risking that further through cracking.

But, my case sounds quite less serious than your son's. I had no skull fractures or flaps created. We all have to be careful, but in your case even more so.

I wish your son all the best in his recovery and rehabilitation. Good luck.

X-soccergal
You might ask your GP for a recommendation of another good GP in your area. Through my head injury experience, I have discovered that all the good Docs tend to know one another.

Also, make sure that your current GP can confirm with your new GP that you DO IN FACT have a brain injury that you are recovering from. Just in case it appears "invisible" to them. I'm so dependent on my PCP (Primary Care Physician) knowing who I was before the accident and knowing that I'm dealing with impairments that it would scare me and make me super anxious if I had to get a new one.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Soccergal (04-02-2012)