View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion with Brain Bleed

I fell off of a chair at work. I was trying to hang decorations for a baby shower we were having. I fell on my head and was unconscious for over 8 min. I was taken to trama center and admited to hospital icu for a week. I am now suffering from post concussion syndrom. I have trouble walking and am using a walker now. I have trouble hearing, I now have some hearing loss.

I have vision problems, headaches, concentration problems and problems with thoughts from brain to communicating. I cant smell and everything taste like metal. I feel like everything is in slow motion. This is just crazy. When can I expect for to get better?

It is going on 6 weeks with no end in site. I am off work and am home bound since I cant drive now. I really want my life back and need some hope. The doctor is hesitant to send me for any kind of therapy. I am getting some physical therapy for the walking.

I did have vertigo but with one treatment for that, it went away. He says it is just going to take time. I want to be admited to a brain injury program so I can get some consistant therapy so I can get better quicker. Does anyone have any suggestions, answers or can relate.
kkupka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote