Thread: Mitochondria:
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been trying to figure out the mito-thyroid-adrenal connection, and came across this interesting new theory, which is so basic, yet seems so profound:

“Most of the day’s cortisol is made in the last four hours of sleep, i.e. the four hours before you normally wake up. So, for example, if one normally wakes up around 8 am, most cortisol is made from 4 -8 am. i.e. that four hour window is when your adrenals work the hardest. Just like ANY organ in your body, your adrenals are made up of cells. And ALL cells in your body need T3. The adrenals need T3 and especially during that four hour window before one wakes up. And, says Robinson, you can’t really expect your adrenals to work well if the mitochondria that make ATP for those cells and the cell nuclei have an inadequate level of T3 thyroid hormone. With the above in mind, it made sense that if adrenals are struggling, they clearly need T3 in that early morning 4-hour window in order to function better.”

(http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...-for-adrenals/)

(As you may recall, I usually wake up every day after four hours of sleep, and then feel tired - no doubt because my adrenals didn't get a chance to create enough cortisol, etc.)

I have been trying to feed the cells with magnesium solution and mito supplements, but it's not enough, so now I'm looking into T3. I presume it is much more powerful than MgCl and Mito supplements.

I'm trying to find a local naturopath who is in the know about the latest protocols treating hypothyroidism such as this new theory, but apparently they are difficult to find.

My current ND seems to be stuck on the controversial Wilson's Syndrome, evidently because they teach that in ND school.

There's another thread on this board about treating PN with T3:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread110830.html

I'd settle the energy boost, but would be more than happy if it fixes my nerves, too.

It was MrsD who first alerted me to the fact that all cells need T3, so I did more research on it and paid more attention when the subject came up. (Cheers, again.)
NeuroLogic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-14-2012)