View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
I was in very severe pain caused by an ongoing and increasingly worse headache after the concussion I sustained in an auto accident.

M neurologist discovered I had something called increased intracranial pressure. She ordered me a spinal tap and I've been out of that severe pain and healing ever since that procedure was carried through.

It is a cyclical process and gets worse over time... the pressure inside a person's skull increases and then causes other things in the body to try to counteract it which then causes it to increase more.

I suggest you ask his neurologist or GP about whether they can measure his icp (Intracranial Pressure) with a spinal tap to see if that might be worth looking into.

I think it is a rare complication of a concussion but does happen... I only know about it because it happened to me. I think it is more common in people who have had multiple concussions - what I don't know is whether that means in a short period of time or whether it means multiple concussions over one's lifetime, but I think it's relevant since you mentioned he had two.

I'm so sorry your son has to deal with so much pain.

It could really be caused by many things.

I sincerely wish you all the best in trying to figure out what is causing him so much pain as soon as possible.
Thank you I will ask about this to both of his doctors
Artistry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote