View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have taken the dizziness to be a warning to myself that I'm trying to do too much... so I will rest and try to take it easy (if I can) after I feel dizzy. The dizziness I experienced right after the injury I sustained was MUCH worse than it is now, but it's still a warning to me.

I try to watch light-hearted movies - horror movies and suspense thrillers are going to increase my stress levels - even if they didn't really "stress me out" before the injury - the feelings they bring up in me give off signals and chemicals in my brain that aren't good for my recovery.

I try to color to keep busy and I've been sewing felt christmas stockings for my niece and nephew.

Try to find some low stimulation activities for yourself like coloring, sewing, knitting or something so you don't get too bored.

Worrying and stress are not supposed to be good for the healing brain - so try to relax. You'll notice what you can and can't do because you'll get symptoms. Almost anything is worth trying - but we don't know whether you'll experience symptoms from doing something - you're going to make better guesses than we do about that - but pay attention to what your body and brain are telling you and if you see signs of fatigue then stop doing that activity for a while.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (04-02-2012)