View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHead View Post
I have had the same experience with my neurologist, he doesn't know or he doesn't care.

It gets even worse than that. I went to see the post concussion work group in the Danish center for brain damage rehabilitation. They want me to participate in a new research program where they use physical therapy like weight lifting and cardio training to see if people suffering from PCS improves.

I asked them if they wanted to try the buffalo university sub symptom threshold recovery program themselves, but of course she never heard of it. Their plan was to make people exercise a lot and do weight lifting 3-4 times a week for 20 weeks to see if they got better. I kindly had to explain to her that exercise actually makes it worse unless it is strictly monitored. Well she never heard of that and they didnt plan on monitoring anybody

Good luck with that...
Yeah, that wouldn't go well with me. When I do anything physical, such as exercise, lift something heavy, run/jog, push a stroller for a long period of time, etc...My cognitive functions are wiped out immediately.

We just moved on the 31st...and I couldn't even carry small stuff up the stairs without it screwing me up. I felt so disabled...
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote