View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Hi ~ I've had 2 open spinal surgeries, plus an SCS implant and later removal. I had been an optician for many years and that required that I be on my feet all day. After the second surgery, I just couldn't do it anymore, as the pain was more than I could tolerate. Plus, after awhile, I ended up herniating more discs, so I ended up applying for Social Security Disability and I've been on it ever since. Surgery just seems to beget more surgery -- at least that's what I've found and I've read that too.

I wish I knew what to advise you. There WILL be things that you can't do anymore, but you don't want to be INACTIVE either. Perhaps physical therapy would help you, and they also would be able to advise you as to your limitations. Best of luck & God bless. Hugs, Lee
It can be very depressing. I have had since March of 2008 2 spinal fusions, a tethered cord release and 2 months after the release the Dr had to go back in and drain spinal fluid that had built up. I have not worked since because of the pain that I endure daily. Unless you experience it, you have no idea because it is so difficult to explain. I have tried to describe my pain to my husband and kids but I don't think, I know, they will never fully understand unless it happens to them and I PRAY it doesn't. I have yet to be approved for my disability so you can imagine my frustration but yet I trudge on. My quality of life has dimenished so much. I DO NOT give up. Friday i go back for another MRI to make sure there is not something they have missed and then the first of May for an EMG on the legs. I have no idea what the results will be, what I do know is I would love to be NORMAL again , something I miss so desperately. I wish you all the luck and will be thinking of you!
Lindaky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-10-2012)