View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I forgot to mention...I was assaulted from behind. I was actually hit in the back of my head. My brain bounced off the front of my skull...and gave me a frontal lobe contusion and hematoma. So, just because you hit the back of your head, doesn't mean that's where the damage occured ...

...I find it strange they didn't tell you where the bleed occured. Maybe you should head down to the hospital and pick up your medical records. That way you can have a better understanding of your injury.

BTW, if your going to pick up your medical records...tell them its for Social Security Disability. They should give them to you free of charge.

Also...speaking of Social Security, you should probably start an application with them just in case. I made the mistake of thinking I was going to get better fast...and didn't apply until things got rough in December. Now I'm disabled, broke and awaiting approval for a SSI check when I need it the most.

If you miraculously recover and go back to work before they approve you...you can always cancel your application.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kkupka (04-03-2012), MommaBear (04-04-2012)