View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I like that Ahn is doing the angio because he can manuever the arm much more. It is invasive and that is a drawback, but if time proves it to be a more effective diagnostic aid and leads to higher sx success rates ---- then great.

Nospam, I respect that this is your thread. If there is anything you would like me to post elsewhere, please let me know.

I saw Dr. Niren Angle today based on your reviews. He eased my fears about sx. He does axillary approach and focusses on subclavius, ant, and middle scalenes, and removes as much of the rib as possible (that is good because i've heard of probs with rib stumps). He said Dr.'s have tried to use stents but they tear apart because of the mobility and compression in the area. He said he did the sx on a navy seal and he went back on duty. He also said scar tissue formation after sx wasn't common (in the sense that it causes similar compression as before the sx). For now, I'm going to continue trying/using drugs.

Please keep us posted on your sx. I hope you have a great outcome. I will be anxiously waiting to hear how it goes.
nukenurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote