View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Strange new and not so new symptoms - help!

It has been such a very long time since I posted here. But I knew when my body started feeling more wonky than usual, this would be the place to get, if not answers, support.

For the last 3-4 years I have been suffering with what my previous neuro told me was muscle spasms. They seemed to only come on at night, while I was sleeping. A pain so severe in my shoulder and left arm that it would wake me up. It would last for approximately a 1/2 hour to an hour and then subside. I've been taking muscle relaxers before bed for the same amount of time, to try and prevent them. There have been times where I've gone weeks and sometimes months without this pain. But recently, within the last 6 months they've increased. When I saw my neuro for my regular 6 month visit, we talked about it as we usually do. He said he did not believe it was from my MS and thought maybe I had a pinched nerve or herniated disk in my neck. He decided to do a nerve conduction test and found that the nerves in my arm had been damaged. He still believed that this was the result of a pinched nerve or disk problem and sent me in for an MRI. The MRI showed no pinched nerve or disk problem, but a new lesion in my neck, which he concluded must be causing the pain. He had already increased the rx for my muscle relaxers and it seemed to be doing the trick so he said I didn't need to do steroids. Yay!

Oh, and an important part of this... when I get this pain in my arm it effects my vision. It's hard to explain, but if I wanted to read something I wouldn't be able to, it's as if my eyes are jumping. Everything I try to focus on bounces up and down. When the pain goes away, my vision returns to normal.

So for the last few weeks, the pain/spasms have increased dramatically. Waking me up several times a night and coming on during the day as well. They come close together, within an hour of each other at times. But the really strange thing is the vision. I'm getting the jumpy vision even more frequently and it doesn't always come with the pain/spasms in my arm.

I've asked my husband to look at my eyes while this is happening to see if they look like they are doing something strange, but he says they are steady and look normal.

Sorry this is so long, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this?

Please let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

My dog is not my whole life... she makes my life whole.
Blondi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote