View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
They are fine-they hold things in a bit but dont really effect the pain. I think Dr. Williams has a financial stake in alignmed also the kerlan Jobe surgery Center.

What is a MRA/MRC? I had a bracial pluxus MRI that showed neural edema.

Dr. J now wants to try trigger points on the remaining 4 shoulder muscles that are impacted and go straight to a deep tissue massage.He says if 2 sessions of that dont work then he can radiofrequency.

Congrats on picking your surgeon.
I think I am going to purchase a Posture Shirt so I can post a comparison review vs the IntelliSkins.

MRA/MRV = MR Arteriogram/MR Venogram. My MRI of the brachial plexus from 2010 showed edema along the path of the plexus and "Anatomic splitting of the lower trunk into separate C8 and T1 roots which may indicate adhesions". Dr. Williams sent me to Pasadena, is that where yours was done?

Trigger point injections definitely have helped me. Deep tissue massage has only made things worse for me. Standard Swedish and trigger point techniques other than deep tissue have worked better for me. We are all different so learn your body responds. If you can get your trigger points under control, you can live with TOS. It wasn't until I started developing parasthesias and weakness in my hands as well as headaches that I decided I couldn't live with it anymore. Especially since my trigger points are more under control now than they have ever been (rest, massage, ultrasound/TENS, ice, heat, intelliskin, backnobber...you name it, I've used it).

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote