View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oral Thrush - I asked my dentist about it extensively at my last cleaning (in Jan) because I have one white spot on the left side of my tongue. (And a very small in identical place on right). She looked closely and told me I do NOT have an oral yeast infection. I have been questioning this though, because of my history - recurring female yeast infections. My hormone doc is having me do a detox and was suggesting we do a metal test until I mentioned (for the second time) that I was not using birth control.

I did not notice this white spot until AFTER this past summer when I used amoxicillan for my wisdom tooth extraction. After which my feet started with their problems.

My dentist said it was a normal thing on the tongue. But... now my mouth is having these symptoms. The white spots are in specific locations though. In the back of the mouth, it feels like an ulcer/canker but it is directly on the "hole" where my tooth was.

Under the tongue on mirror sides, I see white color. It is hard to see, but is mirrored on each side and I have most of my sore-like feelings under the tongue. I do not have a "coating" on my tongue. I do think I have a "geographic tongue." My tongue is ALWAYS hairy and gets dark on top in a pattern if I drink dark liquids like wine or juice.

I also have the autoimmune and believe I have dedydration problems, which can cause white spots on tongue.

My tongue gets worse later in the day or at night. Just like my neuropathy.

I'm having a hard time believing this is thrush or yeast but if it is then maybe that is what is making my toenail areas red and painful. And causing the female issues.

I have so many issues I can't pinpoint even where to begin looking.

All my thoughts: candida, autoimmune (but why), food intolerance, vitamin deficiency, I could have any one of these. Even latex allergy. If I put on hanes socks (that contain latex) my feet get crazy. But my No Nonsense socks don't list latex and they feel the best.
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote