View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Paying the price for a night out

I'm wondering if any of you have noticed that you're able to handle certain social situations without symptoms one day, but maybe suffer a setback/trigger symptoms in a similar situation on a different day?

Reason I'm asking is because about a month ago I went out to a restaurant with family and friends. We sat on the patio and hung out for about 2 hrs. There was talking and background music, but I didn't suffer any symptoms besides being tired afterwards.

This past Saturday I went to a party at a friend's house. There were around 30 people there. There was no loud music or tv's, but moderate noise from people chatting. I didn't talk to many people, tried to stay in the rooms with few people, and basically was pretty mellow. I didn't drink any alcohol. About an hour into the party I felt a mild headache coming on, but it wasn't too bad. I left after 3 hrs.

I have had a horrible headache, increased dizziness, and sensitivity to light ever since the party. I'm wondering why I was ok going out in a social setting a month ago, but not ok this time. It's not necessarily an apples to apples comparison, but both settings had moderate levels of stimulation. Feeling frustrated and sad because I thought I was slowly getting better!
43 yr young female, suffered a mTBI with PCS August 2011 while playing ice hockey. Symptoms included dizziness, nausea, exertion headaches, trouble sleeping, fasciculations, sensitivity to light and noise, occasional numbness to extremities.
Lagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote