View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Woohoo - permanent implant date set 4/25

I just got off the phone with the surgery scheduler, and I am a go for end of April. I have pre-op consult and testing on 4/19 the week prior.

I will be receiving the SJM Eon Mini rechargeable pulse generator with the Penta paddle lead (and lamenectomy).

Right now the plans are for short-term disability and about 2 week recovery. A return to work date of 5/11.

The timing couldn't be better - I have been struggling the past two weeks with pain. Even on my new higher dose of Exalgo (12mg) and breakthrough Dilaudid, I find myself still having stabing and burning pain down my low back and legs. I cannot wait to get my implant.

It was a heck of a tease to trial in December and have to wait until 4/25 for the perm implant. But I am thankful that I am finally getting one, and can hopefully open a new chapter of my life... one without high dosages of morphine, and one where I am able to do more and have less pain!

I will log back in once I have had the surgery and check-in with everyone. Sorry I haven't been very diligent in being on the boards the bast couple of months. My work has me fully consumed and then some - running 60+ hours most weeks, and a few light times in between.
bcyak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-04-2012), Rrae (04-03-2012)