View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Default Fiona :)

Hi Fiona

Im sorry you didnt get better news today I do hope that you will be able to get something to help with this pain that you are having to endure. Why is it that we try to fix one thing and something else is ready to pounce around the corner

I can relate to how you are feeling about your husbands employment prospects. Unfortunately, my husband has been unemployed for quite some time now....here in Ireland the building trade just crashed and of course thats what he worked in!!!!....so its been horrendous trying to source some work. Thankfully he has a trade and can fall back on that etc, but since Xmas its been VERY quiet and quite literally 'getting under my feet' so one of us is about to flip!!! no guessing who that will be

But I just hope and pray that your husband will get something soon and that you wont have to move or at least if you do that you will find somewhere that you can have your health looked after like you are now.

Good luck with your CT on your hips too. Im having one done Friday 19th April on my head to see why I am getting this headaches which have been happening to me for a few years now! Always something eh?!?!?!

Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionab View Post
didn't get good news. Thought I'd be told I just have "you're getting old" arthritis in my shoulders, but was told I have arthritis on all my shoulder bones so he's suspecting autoimmune cause. He says the arthritis looks like the shoulders of someone who'd been doing gymnastics for decades. I assured him that wasn't the case as I flunked cartwheels

He did the shoulder shots via imaging, but weren't very painful at all. Did feel slight nausea and dizziness for a while. Is sore now that lidocaine is wearing off. He gave me depomedrol along with the lidocaine. Says he suspects autoimmune origin as I'm also complaining of ongoing hip pain that SCS doesn't touch. I go get another round of CT's this Fri. on hips. He says it may be a little painful as he's having them inject my hips so they can do contrast. He says he suspects that images will also come back as not normal arthritis. Not sure where we'll go from there as one can only get so many steroid shots annually.

Husband still gloomy over work situation and will maybe find out more today. He's in process of looking for other work, which may have us moving to Houston or Phoenix or who knows where. I feel bad because my health problems put such limitations on where he can find employment as I need to be able to access good medical doctors.

Trusting the Lord will work all this out (and a shot of rum doesn't hurt ). Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-04-2012), Mark56 (04-04-2012), Rrae (04-03-2012)