View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Dejibo. I do a lot of list-making and leaving notes for myself, it helps a lot. To those of you who who fit Dejibo's descriptions below - bah, leave a dang response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
hello and welcome. I have cog issues, but no hydro issues. Maybe the title of your thread drew in some folks who walked by and wished you well, but didnt have anything constructive to add, or advice to give. Maybe some were hoping to find answers in the answers you got, but were surprised when they saw no responses.

We talk about this all the time. Even tho there are 150 or so in the MS place, sometimes a thread will get 500 views, and only 5 responses. We did a poll and asked folks why they didnt respond, and the answers were all over the place. From "I didnt think i could add anything helpful" to "i was being nosey when I stopped in" to "just wanted to read the post, offer a prayer and move on" to "started to write a quick response that was quickly turning into a novel with me venting about MY situation, which clearly wasnt going to be helpful so I deleted my post, wished them well and moved on." other said "felt horrible. had cog issues, and couldnt formulate a good response, so I moved on, hoping to come back later. its hard to expect a bunch of sick folks to come up with instant good ideas some days. Weather changes, season changes and holidays tend to be the worst of it.

I do hope you are starting to get some answers. As for ME dealing with cog issues, I take notes. I depend on my smart phone for my calendar, my pill reminders, books on tape, cause I cant follow a written story line any more. and the timer function on it is amazing! I can set 4 different timers, so I can set limits on what I am doing without becoming lost in it.

Feel better (hugs)
NYGuy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote