View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 05:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Peony,

I have not gathered any scientific papers on the role of adrenaline. My perspective that it is more of a culprit than we think comes from conversations with a surgeon, a vet, a dentist, several people who have recovered from PD and a biochemist who explained it thus - when you produce adrenalin your production of acetylcholine also rises, causing your muscles to contract. If you are then sluggish in producing dopamine, you're in trouble as there is nothing to mitigate the acetylcholine. Chronic stress which invariably sets the scene for unhappiness is not going to advance your ability to produce dopamine. How easy to become out of balance? Do it for long enough and you will get picked up by the PD radar and end up on meds which further influence dysregulation.

There has to be a better way to deal with this problem in the early stages, that doesn't involve pharmaceuticals. I agree with Dr Joe Dispenza in his book 'Breaking the habit of being yourself' when he says that if we wait for science to give us permission to do the uncommon, we are turning science into a religion. I think we need to go with our instincts a bit more.
Muireann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote