View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Hashimotos, Pernicious Anemia, low D and iron

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post, I have a fair few things wrong and to me it feels like there has to be a reason, or a link or something... Heres a quick overview..
I'm 28 years old. At 15 I had a 2kg immature ovarian terratoma/dermoid, which resulted on the removal of my left ovary. at about 23, I was diagnosed with pernicious anemia, (was probably triggered after my surgery at 15 and got worse from there) my mother also has so I wasn't too surprised. I had a baby 15 months ago and 6 months after that I was diagnosed with Hashimotos, My antibodies were insanely high but my TSH T3 T4 were only just out of normal range so not too crazy but my symtoms came on hard and fast (I thought I had suddenly got post natal depression) I went from Hyper - Hypo quite quickly when I was in the midst of it. I was prescribed thyroxine (only 50mg) daily, I was also low in vitamin D and Iron and was told to just take recommended doses of over the counter D & Iron to bump it up a bit.

In addition to all of this I have been having random neurological symtoms sometimes its worse then others. I have trouble finding words, memory loss (not severe) concentration issues, my personality has changed and some times I read pictures/discriptions as words (if a sign said road works and road was in large writing I would read road big works). Also I constantly use the wrong words and have no idea that I did this until I hear myself say it.. Other ramdom symtoms would be dizziness, disorientation and for the last week daily head aches that feel like pressure on the top of my head and sides.

I just had some more blood tests done 6 moths after taking iron D thyroxine and my Iron has dropped severely low and my D has drop down even further.
How would it be going down? I also eat a fair bit of meat and get out in the sun...

Does anyone know of any links or had similar problems? I really want to get to the bottom of this, as I feel like its all linked..

Libseleven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote