View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

to add. My neuropsych testing over the years show the same: I have cognitive issues. It doesn't help my treatment, I see two cognitive psychologist a week. It will be good to know how you test, so you should do it.

Do the psychologists help: I don't know, probably, I haven't offed myself, but they didn't make me smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by July63 View Post
Man, you are a younger me, except if your CT shows damage then a neurologist should be helping you more than they are. I watch people on the street smile and I am like, ****, how do I get that way. I am so unhappy but for me drugs aren't going to fix happiness.

I cannot type all I go through, but some in the forums know. I was attacked by multiple people in West Berlin in 1984 while in the US Army and on duty, and attacked in NYC about 10 years ago after walking a girlfriend home, I wandered into East Harlem (First and around 100 street; she lived in the 80s).

I am 48, and still dream of having children, but the reality is that after all that was taken from me, hell, how can I get 30 year old woman if I am a 6 foot, 260 pound whining man-child. The attacks changed me.

You have to find a doctor that is on your side. Your confusion things suck. Some may be meds, some are just what it is. I thought the month was May last week, then I figured out it wasn't, and I was like, geez, how long didn't I know it.

To be positive, the only thing you can do create a goal, write it down, read it every day, and work towards it (Napoleon Hill stuff), you cannot change the situation, you can only change the movement forward. Personally, I suck, I cannot follow though on my own advice, however, I know it is right.

Seriously, what if you get the symptoms of dementia or, Alzheimer's, not like you can stop it; I take max aricept everyday, but if the time comes and you lose it, man, it is just the cards, to stay positive, make goals and reach.

Hey, I rambled and talked a lot of myself, I suck. Maybe I said something good in the ramble though,.. or maybe not. With a TBI, this is the stuff you do, ugh.
July63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (04-03-2012), Theta Z (09-28-2012)