View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I cannot think that anyone would be tired of your "rants". I would think we are all here to empathize and commiserate, and I do believe that we ALL have some kind of connection with each other, whether subconscious or cosmic or just plain "all - in -this - lifeboat - together" thing...

My heart goes out to you!! We're here for you, friend. Smile today and find a little peace in this knowledge, I hope it eases your mind a bit.

My 30 yo son has severe TBI / PCS. He is doing remarkably well after just 3 months, but he is not the same and I know a big part of my son died that day and will never return.

He is mostly adynamic with some disinhibition (strange how those two symptoms can be so concurrent!) but improving. I absolutely live for his spontaneous hugs and "I love you Mom"'s. Every moment is precious; I came within a hairs breath of losing everything he ever was.

Writing is great therapy, always has been for me. After all the vast amounts of research I've done in the last 3 months, I suspect I myself have some degree of accumulated tiny concussions over my lifetime that have added up. (Most recently a bit of stress induced TBI! It's been pure hell.) Shocking. I wonder how many people do also and don't realize it.

I believe our TBI mantra is (or should be, if not) is... NEVER GIVE UP!
So, bring it on, dude. Write your heart out. God bless.
MommaBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote